Who we are
Assiut Childhood and Development Association (ACDA) is a non-governmental organization registered at the Ministry of Social Solidarity with No.451\1991. ACDA is a pioneer Non-governmental Organization (NGO) at the field of working with People with disabilities, as it has started its work through providing services for the children with especial needs in Upper Egypt as volunteering efforts.
The story has started when Prof. Gala El-din Zaki Said, Professor of orthopedics, formed a mobile team of professional doctors for paying regular visits to Upper Egypt for serving and rehabilitating the children with disabilities. Then the idea of establishing a registered entity has came up in order to provide 1-Social preventive services 2- Therapeutic services and 3- Rehabilitation services.
After few years of the successful establishment, ACDA has taken the lead in working in the different fields of development and variety its activities to provide integrated development interventions.
ACDA works, in Assiut’s villages, on empowering the marginalized groups and enabling them to include in the community and participate effectively. ACDA approach is providing direct services; offering & improving educational opportunities, Supporting & rehabilitating people with disabilities, improving the health & environmental and economic situation for the communities. ACDA also works on building the capacities of the root CDAs to help them act effectively, besides developing the human resources in the local communities so they can be responsible for developing their communities, networking with other in NGOs for influencing the public opinion towards the issues of the marginalized groups and coordinating with the decision makers & stakeholders for ensuring a dignified life for the villagers.
Value and develop the human resources existing in the CDAs and the communities, as they are the fundamental pillars of development.
In ACDA we are committed to the laws of Arab Republic of Egypt and we respect the culture of the communities we work with.
Work legally with the CDAs and involve the beneficiaries at all levels; assessing the community needs as well as implementing and evaluating the projects.
ACDA's work strategies
- Developing and building the institutional capacities of ACDA for achieving its mission.
- Empowering the root CDAs in order to be able to lead the development process in their communities.
- Networking with other NGOs for adapting development and marginalized groups issues.
- Coordinating with the decision makers and stakeholders for ensuring a dignified life for the villagers.
- Providing direct services for improving the health, environmental and economic situation for the most neediest groups.
Certificates and Awards
ACDA had been granted many Certificates and Awards in return for its efforts in implementing developmental projects successfully as well as its contributions with the other NGOs ;
– Assiut Health Directorate granted ACDA a cup for its efforts during the event of ”Fight against AIDS 2009”.
– Thanks and appreciation from the Major -General Nabil El-Ezaby, Governor of Assiut, for ACDA’s efforts in the field of child labor, 2001.
Certificate from the Governor of Assiut, Samih Al-Saeed, for ACDA’s efforts in the field of disability, 1995.
– Thanks and appreciation from the Minister of Local Development, Dr. Mahmoud Al Sharif, for ACDA’s efforts to establish a community school and a medical clinic in El Maabdah village, 1995.
BESIDES THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATES